Welcome to Synthesizer New Zealand, don't forget to register here! Note: This notification disappears after registration.

What is your favourite 3U Eurorack module?

All not specific type of conversations go here into the general discussions.
Robin

What is your favourite 3U Eurorack module?

Unread post by Robin »

The never ending discussion, what's your favourite module?

My favourite module, at least now, is my Poly2 from Polyend. This is definitely not your most exciting module but it enables me to connect my Polyend Tracker to my modular rig and connect it to 'the grid'.

Powers my tracker through USB, has options for 8 voices incl. Gate + Pitch and 4 additional CV outputs for clock, CV or whatever you choose it to be.

A word from Polyend:
---------------------------------------------

There are many excellent, functional MIDI tools and devices (DAWs, controllers, sequencers, keyboards, drum pads, etc.) and as many fantastic Eurorack modules. Poly 2 seamlessly connects these worlds thanks to its multiple inputs and outputs and loads of configurable parameters.

Connect your computer, smartphone to its USB port; your class compliant MIDI controllers via USB Host, and all the other device via the MIDI jack port. A whole array of analogue outputs give you the versatility to hook up loads of different types of modules. Easily adjust every setting you need thanks to the OLED screen with a straightforward menu system. Set, save and recall your the parameters with a click of an encoder.

We love MIDI, especially for its vast number of applications. In order to be compatible with every MIDI device, Poly 2 gives you a wide array of customisable parameters. It also works excellent with MPE devices.

On the other side, there are a lot of voltage norms. Poly 2 shines here too. With its various standards for Pitch and Gate, it gets together with Eurorack modules, Buchla and every other CV operated instrument.

Dimensions: 14HP wide, 24mm deep.
Link to the website: https://polyend.com/poly2-midi-to-cv-converter/
Enthusiastic synthesist performing under the name Vōlc. Follow me on YouTube or BandCamp.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
alanp
Fresh Synthesist
Fresh Synthesist

Re: What is your favourite 3U Eurorack module?

Unread post by alanp »

I worked up a Eurorack copy of the Buchla 266 Source of Uncertainty years ago, and it has been one of the most useful modules I have. Plain noise (of a few colours), fluctuating random voltages, quantized random voltages, stepped random voltages (one of which can be weighted towards high or low), plus a very capable S&H and a small slew submodule. It's just one of those really capable modules.
http://alanp.info
Solder junkie

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links